I'm Lena and I'll be helping out here in future with interesting magazine articles about WoltLab and the plugins from Darkwood.Design. 🙂
After over a year of tinkering, testing and optimising, it's finally here: the brand new WSC Connect app. We're not talking about a minor update here, but a completely new development - fresh, bold and state-of-the-art!
- Sleek design, maximum content:
We have swung the broom and thoroughly tidied up the design of the app. The result? More content on your screen and intuitive operation that is really fun to use.
Backend power thanks to WoltLab:
A lot has also happened under the bonnet. The WSC Connect website and the admin area are now based on WoltLab, which not only ensures rapid performance, but also makes further development child's play. New rules, more possibilities:
Attention, important! You now need an account on the website to log in to the app dashboard. Sounds like more work, but it has one big advantage: you can manage multiple apps and forums with just one login. How cool is that?
Important for forum operators!
Here are a few quick facts in advance:
- The new plugin is already available and can be installed in 5.5 or 6.0 (the new plugin is a basic requirement for linking to the new app)
- The new admin dashboard is already live. New users can register there (the old dashboard has been switched off)
- The new 2.0.1 version has already been delivered to Google Play and the App Store and must be installed by all members of your site.
Important: For the app to work, all three points must be synchronised. This means that the new plugin must be installed, the registration/linking in the admin dashboard must be completed and the app must be updated to 2.0.1 on the users' devices.
You can find detailed step-by-step instructions here: How can I connect an old existing app?
Never heard of WSC-Connect?
How to connect your forum to WSC-Connect is explained here: How can I register a new app?
- The app needs a new logo and a category from you. Without these things, your app will gradually become invisible, deactivated and later deleted.
- Old apps that have not switched to the new dashboard by 01 June 2024 will be deactivated and later deleted. We want to keep the app clear and lean so that only really active forums are listed.
Important for app users!
Your forum admin must carry out the above steps so that the app runs in the new version 2.0. After the app update to 2.0.1 you have to log in again. If there are any problems, reinstalling the app may help.
You can already find lots of answers in the FAQ: Open FAQ
I'm really looking forward to your feedback and to a lively exchange in the comments!